BIEC (Bihar Intermediate Education Council) is a part of the Government of Bihar established in 1980. This education council aims to conduct intermediate exams in Bihar. Earlier, the intermediate exams were conducted by universities. Even after the establishment of BIEC, they could not conduct the exams for the first three years. The council conducted the first examination in 1983 after coming into existence.
The prime functions of BIEC are:
- To grant affiliation to schools wanting to provide quality education to students
- To decide the syllabus, textbooks, and other course materials for students
- To conduct intermediate examinations for students all over the state
- To provide equivalence to the examinations conducted by other boards
Students can visit the official website to know about exam details. Moreover, they can send emails to the council to clear their doubts.
- To lay down structured courses for students
- Preparation and publication of textbooks for higher secondary and intermediate students
- To research and evaluate the existing curriculum. Moreover, the council also frames the curriculum for students.
- Fair conduct of examination in rural and urban areas
- Professional orientation of the staff to keep pace with latest techniques
- Maintaining accuracy throughout the examination for which study planner is needed and grading process
- Grant recognition to state intermediate classes
School education boards are crucial to managing the quality of education in various institutions across the country. In addition, they are also responsible for brightening the future of children. BIEC takes care of such responsibilities in Bihar. Moreover, the council is vital to spreading quality education all over the state. Try Teachmint’s lms portal for seamless school management.