Students should know the B com full form and BCom meaning. The Universities Grants Commission has authorized the BCom, or Bachelor of Commerce ( B com full form), as a three-year undergraduate degree programme (UGC). In addition to the full-time option, a Distance BCom or Online BCom programme is also available. Among commerce-oriented Class 12 graduates, BCom is one of the most popular courses. B.Com was the third most popular programme in India after Class 12 with roughly 9.33 lakh enrolments, according to AISHE data. If candidates desire to get more in-depth knowledge in the Commerce field, they might study BCom (Honours) in addition to B.Com. The three-year BCom curriculum is divided into six semesters. Students participating in the course can choose elective subjects in various semesters. A BCom degree programme includes disciplines such as financial accounting, business law, economics, taxation, auditing, and cost accounting, to name a few. Students can work in finance, accounting, banking, insurance, and other related fields with a BCom degree. The average starting salary for a BCom graduate is INR 3 LPA. After completing a BCom course from a recognized university, one can pursue studies in teaching, advertising, journalism, mass communication, design, law, and other professions. In today’s workplace, a BCom degree is no longer sufficient. Students should remember B com full form.
Benefits of Doing BCom Course
- BCom course provides vast career choices in the field of commerce to students.
- Advancement in career, as with the BCom course students can choose to in any field, like banking, economics, human resource, trading, etc.
- Jobs after BCom courses provide employment flexibility, thus, maintaining a better work-life balance.
Top BCom Specializations Courses
Now that you know what is BCom? You should also know what some of the best BCom specializations to pursue.
- BCom Accounts & Finance– This specialization course is designed specifically for students who are good at calculations and love to handle accounts and finances. The specialization includes subjects like International Finance, Cost accounting, Wealth Management, and Business communication.
- BCom Economics– The real BCom meaning is hidden in studying the economy, this specialization course teaches about money management and economic principles.
- Banking & Insurance– This specialization in BCom meaning to teach students about the working of the banking sector, insurance policies, and financial services.
- Human Resource Management– This BCom specialization teaches students about the recruitment process, employee policies, taxes, people management, and human resource as a whole.
- Financial Market– If someone is interested in the stock and trading market, then this course is for them. This BCom course teaches about wealth mediums like bonds, stocks and their regulation methods, market forces, etc.
Try Teachmint, an integrated school platform for efficient school management.
Learn more about Teachmint plans here.