Want to teach in a prestigious agricultural university in India? Then, you may want to take some time preparing for the ASRB NET exam. Now, what is ASRB? How do you apply for it? You get all your answers about ASRB NET right here.
What is ASRB NET?
ASRB NET (Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test) exam, also known as ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) NET exam, is a test conducted at a national level to recruit eligible candidates for Assistant Professor and Lecturer positions in various agricultural universities. The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) is responsible for conducting this exam every year. The ASRB will issue NET certificates for the candidates who qualify for the exam by getting equal to or more than the minimum cut-off marks. They can then apply for the vacancies released by the State Agricultural Universities or other agricultural universities.
When is the ASRB NET 2022 Expected to be Conducted?
The exam is tentatively expected to be conducted in April 2022. The notification for the exam is expected to be released during February 2022, while the admit card will be issued tentatively in March 2022.
How to Apply for ASRB NET?
The candidates can apply for ASRB NET via online mode. Here’s how you can apply:
- Visit the official website of ASRB: http://www.asrb.org.in/
- Search for the NET application link and select it
- Click on ‘New registration’ and fill the form with the required details like email id, phone number, and name.
- Then, you will be provided with a registration number and password, which will be forwarded directly to the e-mail ID you registered with.
- You can log in to your account with these credentials.
- You will then be redirected to your application form, which you must fill with all the relevant details.
- After filling up the application form, you must upload all the mandatory documents.
- Then, you must proceed to pay. The fee will vary as per the category. For the general category, it will be INR 1000. The same for theOBC category will be INR 500 and INR 250 for ST/SC/Women/PWD.
- Then you can submit the application and download both the application form and payment receipt.
Documents Required for Applying for ASRB NET
- Candidates need to upload their Master’s degree certificate along with a mark sheet.
- A matriculation certificate or the equivalent should be provided.
- You should provide your Doctorate degree certificate along with a mark sheet.
ASRB NET Eligibility Criteria
These are the eligibility criteria of ASRB NET that you should take note of :
- The candidate should be a citizen of India, Bhutan, or Nepal.
- Refugees from Tibet, who migrated to India before January 1st, 1962, can also apply.
- Candidates should have reached 21 years of age at the time of application. However, there is no upper age limit for applying for ASRB NET.
- Aspirants should have cleared their Master’s degree in their respective field from a recognized University.
- If the candidate has acquired their Master’s from a foreign University, it should be first recognized by the Indian Government. Also, the degree must be comparable to the Master’s degree of Indian Universities.
ASRB NET Exam Features
Here are the main features of the ASRB NET exam:
- The ASRB NET will be conducted once every year.
- The mode of application for ASRB NET is the online mode.
- The exam is also conducted in online mode.
- The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The exam will be conducted in both Hindi and English.
- The exam will contain 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Each question will carry 1 mark each. So, the total marks awarded will be 150.
- ASRB NET does have a negative marking scheme. For each wrong answer, 1/3rd of its mark will be deducted.
- Fractional marks will not be rounded off.
What Salary Can You Expect if You Clear ASRB NET?
Generally, the salary of professors who qualified for the ASRB NET ranges from INR 56,100 per month to INR 1,82,400 per month.
What are the Benefits of Qualifying ASRB NET?
Here are the benefits you can avail for yourself after qualifying for ASRB NET and landing a job as a lecturer or professor in agricultural universities:
- As mentioned before, you get a competitive salary package.
- You can expect job stability and security.
- You can work flexibly.
- You can collaborate with intelligent minds and grow in agricultural science and technology.
We have covered almost all the important details regarding ASRB NET. Make sure you are aware of the ASRB NET syllabus which corresponds to the agricultural program you have chosen, and prepare accordingly. Best of luck!
Teachmint has the best learning content that assists in enhancing the learning experience for students. It is highly effective and has the potential to make even complex learning concepts comprehensible for all students. To learn more, click here.