The ASBR full form is Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB). Every year the board invites applications from all over the country. It is also known as ICAR NET or the Indian Council of Agriculture Research NET. The exam is conducted to hire prospective Lecturers / Assistant Professors in State Agricultural Institutions and other Agricultural Universities. Candidates who hold a Master’s degree with the relevant academic qualifications can apply for this exam to become eligible for jobs in various disciplines.
ASRB NET Exam Fees
- Unreserved Category – Rs 1000
- Other Backward Class (OBC) – Rs 500
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) – Rs 250
ASRB NET Eligibility 2021
Listed below are the essential eligibility criteria to appear for ASRB NET 2021:
#Educational qualification: Must possess a master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline.
# Age: The minimum age limit is 21 as of 01.01.2021, but there is no maximum age limit for ASRB NET.
# Number of attempts: There is no limit to the number of attempts for candidates.
ASRB NET Selection Process 2021
The selection process of the ASRB NET includes the following steps:
- ASRB NET Application: After the issue of ASRB notification, applicants are required to apply online on the official website. The application process will include registration, filling in basic details, and online payment of the application fee.
- ASRB NET Admit Card: Candidates who are successfully registered will need to download their ASRB NET admit card online from the official site; no admit card will be sent personally to students.
- ASRB NET Exam: ASRB NET exam is qualifying in nature. The exam takes place in online mode. If we look at the exam pattern, it is stated that applicants have to answer a total of 150 questions in the time duration of 120 minutes; each correct question will be rewarded one mark. There is a negative marking scheme in the exam. 1/3 mark of the question will be subtracted for each incorrect answer.
Multiple choice questions are asked from the subject the candidates have applied for. ASRB has stated the ASRB NET syllabus for all disciplines. The standard of the papers shall be of master’s degree level. Test papers are available in two languages- Hindi and English.
- ASRB NET Result: Individuals who successfully obtain cut off marks will apply for Lecturer or Assistant Professor jobs when different agricultural universities announce vacancies. Listed below are cutoff marks for different categories:
|Category||ASRB NET Qualifying Percentage||ASRB NET Qualifying Marks|
|SC / ST / Divyang||40%||60|
ASRB NET Exam Pattern
Applicants must know the following parameters related to the ASRB NET Exam Pattern:
|Parameters||ASRB NET Pattern|
|Number of papers||One|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Total number of questions||150|
|Type of questions||Objective questions (MCQs)|
|Duration of the exam||Two hours|
|Source of the questions||Respective disciplines|
|Negative marking||1/3rd mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
|Rounding of fractional marks||No|
|Language of the paper||English and Hindi|
|Level of paper||Master’s degree level|
ASRB NET 2021 Discipline/Subjects
ASRB organizes the ASRB or ICAR NET for 60 different disciplines. However, the ASRB NET exam pattern will be the same for all fields. Every aspirant has to take only one paper that they have picked. The computer-based test for different disciplines will occur separately; aspirants will be contacted about the exam through ASRB NET admit card.
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Agricultural Entomology
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Animal Biochemistry
- Animal Biotechnology
- Animal Genetics & Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Agricultural Business Management
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension
- Agricultural Statistics
- Animal Reproduction & Gynaecology
- Agricultural Structure and Process Engineering
- Economic Botany & Plant Genetic Resources
- Genetics & Plant Breeding
- Dairy Chemistry
- Dairy Microbiology
- Dairy Technology
- Seed Science & Technology
- Floriculture & Landscaping
- Fruit Science
- Spices, Plantation & Medicinal & Aromatic Plants
- Vegetable Science
- Livestock Product Technology
- Livestock Production Management
- Poultry Science
- Plant Biochemistry
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Fisheries Resource Management
- Fish Processing Technology
- Fish Nutrition
- Fish Health
- Fish Genetics & Breeding
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Environmental Science
- Soil Sciences
- Home Science
- Farm Machinery & Power
- Computer Applications & IT
- Land & Water Management Engineering
- Food Technology
- Veterinary Anatomy (only for NET)
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Pharmacology
- Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Surgery
This article talked about every detail relating to ASRB, ranging from ASRB full form to ASRB application process and disciplines. Candidates interested in appearing for the ASRB NET must carefully go through the details mentioned above. This will help make the application process a lot easier. So, without further delay, apply for the upcoming ASRB NET computer-based test.
Try Teachmint, an integrated school platform for efficient school management.